Extremely High CK – 39 000!
Hey everybody,

I am looking for some answers regarding extremely high creatine levels as well. I am currently hospitalized and when i was taken in my CK was stunning 39 000! I had strained both of my biceps muscles three days earlier and both of my arms very extremely swollen. I am a 23 year old girl with athletic background in track. I can not figure out how a normal weight training can cause this severe CP levels! And to make matters worse this is not the first time. About 4 years ago i strained both of my abs and my CK rocketed to 49 000! That time I spend 5 days in the ER. I have no idea what is causing these crazy levels of creatine. I have never done any drugs, steroidois or anything of that nature. I am a seasoned athlete with periods in my life when i trained 3 times a day without any problems. If anybody here has any idea about what's going on, please let me know! I am a Finn and treated at a public hospital so the docs here are just as buzzled about this as I am. Thanks guys!

This discussion is related to unexplained high cpk.
I assume they are testing your kidneys?  There are a number of auto-immune types of arthritis that can affect this.  I hope you are on your way to getting a diagnosis and treatment.  Please let us know how you are doing.
Hey,

I was released from the hospital after 6 days of intense hydration treatment (i.v on full blast). My creatine levels came down to about a thousand and my myoglobin went from several thousands to less than 50 ug/l. All this time my urine stayed normal color. Krea and Kalium were also normal all through the treatment. However, my ALAT (166 U/l) as well as my aldolase levels are still way too high (40 U/l when supposed to be 1.5–7.5 U/l). My natrium levels are little bit on the low side too and I also have slight fever that's really persistent. My muscle damage turned out to be fairly small (only a small tore on the other biceps) and as such should not cause se severe creatine levels. The arms also healed up in few days and didn't require any surgery.

I think they are suspecting either a tumor in one of the inner organs (based on the fact that they are running Chromogranin A test). They are probably also suspecting one of the many muscular diseases/dystrophies. I am getting worried and would love to get some expert's intake on this. Does anybody have any other diagnose suggestions? I am hoping they would do a muscle biopsy or MRI since it seems the blood tests are not giving us specific enough information on what's going on in my body. But no. Any docs here to give me their opinion? Thanks.
Hey,

Do you have any updates for your situation?  I am now on my second episode of elevated CK.  I may also be facing a medical board out of the military.

Thanks.