Arthritis Community
Finger Numbness

Finger Numbness

My left hand middle finger, has been numb for about 4-6 days. I searched on google on what i should do but they all recommend that i should go see a doctor. I dont want to see any doctor at the moment, because its really hard driving outside in this weather. its about 8 inches of snow. Took me 30 minutes the other day trying to get out of my parking lot.

Not my whole finger is numb. It just a small part of the my middle finger is numb. It has no pain, it has no white or red color. It just normal color. but i when i touch it its numb. I have no clue what it is. and i really want it gone. I try doing a finger work out. And i still am. What is weird is that i can feel a vein that is there in my finger. I can feel it when i touch the part above the numbness. Its really weird. I try feeling a vein in my other finger but cant find one. This is the first time it happen, and the left hand middle finger is the only place its happening. So please tell what i should do, in order to get rid of this numbness in my finger.
The advice you have received to this point is good advice.  If it is really bothering you and is not going away, you need to see a doctor and have it examined.  
I agree with txsilver. I know what a pain it is to drive in winter, I live in the Northeast, but if there is a compressed nerve somewhere causing this, the longer you put it off, the less are the chances for the nerve to regenerate. Then you could be stuck with the numbness permanently. It could be something totally different, and I'm not a doctor, but just in case it is nerve related, you should act soon. I know about the nerve damage because I have osteoarthritis in my spine with some stenosis (causes compressed nerves).
Keep us posted.
D.