Arthritis Community
Gout - Without swelling?

Gout - Without swelling?

Is it possible to have Gout without the redness and swelling? I have sudden onset of Toe pains. Mostly beginning at night. I have a burning/throbbing pain and also skin sensitivity around the area. I can be painful to have a sock or bed sheets touching my foot. I've had this occur in both feet and it has attacked different toes. It doesn't really feel like a joint pain so I'm just confused about what is going on. It's very painful but I don't see any visual changes.
Thanks for your help
Hi, I don't have gout but I know that it is possible to have a condition without an exact match for the usual symptoms.  How long has your toe been hurting?  Have you tried the gout diet - low purine foods?  Does anything you do make it better or have you noticed something that causes it to get worse?  
Did you ever find out what you have? I have pain like that in all my toes on one foot. I have no redness and no swelling. I am trying to find out if it is gout or not.
Archie