Gout Information / Help Please!
Hello I am posting a question for my husband.

He has been diagnosed with Gout.  The scarry part is, is that he has sporadic bouts of blood in the urine.  For the most part it seems to be while he is having an attack, but a few times he wasn't.  He also has had a Uric Acid kidney stone removed last Nov.

The dr. first tried him on Indomethecin, but that didn't do much, so now they are going to try Allopurinol.

Has anybody out there that has had the blood in the urine?  It is really scarring my husband to death.

Thanks for your help and replies.
Shawna
Sometimes with Gout you can get uric acid stones in the kidneys and this can cause blood to appear in the urine.  While this should definitely be reported to the doctor, it is likely related to the Gout.  
I've not had blood in the urine, but I have had Gout and the Allopurinol really helped. I hope it helps your husband as much as it helped me. Good luck.