Arthritis Community
Gout

Gout

Hi to all gout patient out there!, I suffered gout for the past 2 yrs and its been a yr and half of strict diet, as am sensitive to peanut and beef i cut it all out. My attack yet become kinda frequent last yr although i took care of what i ate and because of that the docotr gave me allupurinol to prevent it but what i've discover after few months after taking that my gout no longer occur on my big toe and foot but in fact it occur on my fingers, my wrist joint my shoulder its swollen and painful. I told the doctor but he say its unlikely, theres no way it can accur there. And the weird thing after taking the gout medicine colchicine, painkiller and allopurinol it subside, the swolen went down and am alright the next day. Am seeking your help out there anyone who have experience the same thing like i do and got answer to why it is this way? I sincerely need your advice. Thanks
You are correct.  You can experience pain from Gout in joints other than your toes including your shoulder.  Google Gout (shoulder, wrist, finger) pain and you will find many articles on the subject.  Perhaps it is time to change doctors?