Arthritis Community
Grandfather suffering from Arthritis

Grandfather suffering from Arthritis

My grandfather is now at an age of 75. When he reached his 50's suffered from Arthritis. He has been getting treated since then but still he has not been recovered though this can't be cured but its true that it can be controlled up to some extend. So, anyone can please recommend how arthritis could be treated so that it works for such old ones. As his body is so weak that doctor's have been saying his body can't take any operations as of now. Due to pain he is also going to the stage of depression. So, do share your views in this situation.
Tags: Arthritis
Hi there!

Well, arthritis is a broad term that encompasses joint inflammation and can be of various types. The management of each type may tend to vary and may also be variable depending on the clinical severity and other few factors. I would suggest discussing the situation, the suggested management plan and the expected prognosis in detail with his treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I have severe osteoarthritis in my left hip and am looking at a hip replacement down the road.  I have prescription IB profen and hydrocodone but very rarely have to take anything for pain.  I firmly attribute this to take Triple Flex which is glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.  You have to take it for 6 to 8 weeks before it really starts taking effect.  A lot of people expect it to work immediately and do not give it the amount of time it needs to work.  Tell your grandfather to be patient and if he does start taking it, I hope it works as well for him as it has for me.  I wish him the best, pain can be very debilitating.