Head Pain caused by Arthritis
Two doctors diagnosed my elderly mother with arthritis in her head, which causes extreme pain and itchiness on right side of head.  The only med that she can take for the pain is Tylenol Extra Strength Arthritis because she takes Comadin, blood thinner.  She is almost bald on right side of head because she pulls out her hair trying to ease the itching.  
Has anyone heard of this diagnosis and have any suggestions for relief of the itching?
That does sound like an interesting diagnosis.  What kind of arthritis do they think she has?  Where exactly on her head do they say she has arthritis?  Were the 2 doctors in the same practice?  Can you get a second, or in this case, third opinion?  It might be worth engaging a dermatologist to look at her condition.
Regarding itch relief, have you tried a shampoo with oatmeal in it?  Another option would be one with tea tree oil or one used for psoriasis relief like T-gel.  What about lotions or a hydrocortisone cream?  
I hope you find some sort of relief for her soon.  I can only imagine how helpless you feel and how concerned you must be.  Please keep us posted.