Help understanding blood test results.
I have had a letter from the hospital explaining my blood test results. They are still jibberish! I am a 19 year old female. I ache a lot and I have suspected JIA, I also have a left EMJ dysfuntion awating MRI and I suffer with Ashma.
I ache a lot and I currently take Naproxen for my jaw joint.

The letter says "A positive anti-nuclear factor of 1-160 with a speckled pattern but negative rheumatiod factor, negative ENA but a mildly elevated DNA anibody level of 38. However her ESR and CRP are normal and blood count normal."

Any clearer explanation would be useful! Thank you! :)
Hi KirkGeevo.
Welcome to the forum.

The postive ANA with a 1:160 titer  and speckle pattern means that
your test was just positive (anything with 1:80 or less is not considered
positive) for presence of antibodies associated usually with SLE, Sjogren syndrome, scleroderma, polymyositis, rheumatoid arthritis or mixed connective tissue disease.
This is not diagnostic, as it's not exclusive to one condition and not enough to meet the dx criteria.
I believe the rest of the findings are not indicative of anything clinically significant.
In  your suspected JIA the idiopathic aspect of this condition means that that certain tests won't verify anyhing as the cause is supposedly unknown.
Please post again when you get all your results. There are many things that can be done to improve
Take care.

Niko
I believe the Arthritis Foundation's web site has a good run down of blood tests and what the results mean.
Thank you both, it has been useful to know :)