Arthritis Expert Forum
High CRP Treatment
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High CRP Treatment

Hi,
I'm 30 yrs old and suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis since childhood. Four years back I had THR (Total Hip Replacement). After that I had no problem for an year or so. And then I started getting pains in my right shoulder. I had consulted with my Rhumatologist and with some medication it got cured. Later my neck got affected. And even after medications it's not yet cured. Now the worst part it, I'm just unable to move my neck. If I want to look at my sides I've to turn around to left/right and see the things.
Yesterday I had been to the hospital and my doctor advised to start the course of "Methylprednisolone sodium succinate" once a month for six months. I'm bit worried about this medication as it is Steroid. I'm not doubting on my doctor's ability but just want to know if is there any other medication that I can go with.
Well I had my blood tests like ESR, CRP etc. Everything is normal but CRP. It is above 5 mg/dl. And this is the only reason my doctor advised me to go with Methylprednisolone sodium succinate. Is there any other treatment that I can go with to lower the CRP level.