Arthritis Community
Hoping it's not RA

Hoping it's not RA

My wife has been suffering from joint stiffness and pain for about 2 months now. This happened to her 7 years ago for about 3 months. It went away, and never returned until recently.

Joint stiffness is present in her ankles, knees, hands, and shoulders. She has also complained that her throat is sore in the mornings now.

Blood work, for the most part, came back "okay", though her c-reactive-protein was high, and she had an elevated HLA-B27. The doctor said that "there is no reason to think this is RA." No RA factor was present, either. Dr. says x-rays are clean.

History in her family: brother has Chrones, and an aunt has RA.

We've been to a specialist who put her on Naproxen. After a month of mild relief he ran some more blood and decided to take a closer look at her liver. So, he took her off the Naproxen and told her to take 2 Aleve a day instead, then get more blood work done after 2 weeks off the drugs. Needless to say, she is in much more pain than she was before.

We're not sure what the next step should be in seeking treatment because we seem to have hit a wall with the doctor, who does not seem to know what this is. Is it possible this is Reactive Arthritis?

Thank you.
give her acv (apple cider vinger) it helps alot once in the morning and evening 1 1/2 tbs. each time you should also try msm chondrotin with glucoomine- for joint pain.i prefer  to use sam-e fot joint/liver support/mood support.  it works wonderful for me & my husband. I used the msm combination be-fore but, i use sam-e and like it as well. i deal with mood swings because of menapause and joint pain.  hope it works 4 you-jayne