How fast do bone spurs grow?
Does anyone have osteoarthritis and bone spurs?  How fast do bone spurs grow?  Do they grow on the base of the thumb?  I have a lump that is hard (and hurts if I press on it) and about the size of a small pea, that was not there in September.  In under 2 months this lump grew, and I want to know if it could it be a bone spur, or a rheumatoid nodule.  (I have "diffuse osteoarthritis" in my joints and spine) and I am only 58.  Does osteoarthritis manifest like this?  Are there different types of osteoarthritis, or is there a kind that is systemic?  What causes osteoarthriti to become diffuse?  (I also have stiff sore muscles and feel ill.  It is hard for me to walk too long.  My muscle symptoms are not diagnosed, and I hope someone can put the pieces together.)  

Thank you to anyone who can help me.
Hi there!

Bone spurs could occur anywhere where there is degeneration; these are not usually very fast growing. Spurs do develop with osteoarthritis, though these are unlikely to be the sole presenting issue. Osteoarthritis refers to degenerative arthritis and usually does not have any other related systemic manifestations. Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the nodule in your case. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you...I was wondering because this lump grew in just two months to a small pea size and is very hard.  
I have osteophytes (bone spurs) in both elbow joints and in my wrists.  Bone spurs were removed via arthroscopic surgery in 2008 - and now there are new ones. The spurs on the 'outside' of my elbow are not a problem unless I lean heavily on my elbow, but the 'inside' spurs do cause pain with some movements.