Humira
Hi I have Psoratric A, Rhu a & Fiber myalgia-  diagnosed 2011
Have constantly taken Panodol Osteo up to 6 a day, Methotrexate  2 once a week & Cymbalta in morning but
Still had pain so Rhu upped to also include Leflunomide 1 in morning & night last 4 mths also Endep 10mg 2 before bed to help restlessness ....still in pain ....so now about to start Humira but I cannot afford to gain weight,, and the
forum makes me afraid to take.......as met have a few years ago ...any one still on Humira injection every fnight?.

Hi there!

Usually the side effects are well, evaluated against the benefits of a medication before prescribing it. Humira is a good medication to induce remission and symptom resolution, tough there are a few side effects associated. However all side effects may not necessarily develop in everybody. I would suggest discussing the pros and cons in detail with your treating rheumatologist.
Let’s hope for a favourable recovery.

Take care!
Hi I know this post is old but I have to tell u that I took humira for one year.  I was told by my doctor that side effects are rare bc I was concerned bc many people have had dangerous reactions from it.  I took it and it helped almost immediately and was able to walk without a cane.  The fatigue from arthritis was gone.  Fast forward six months and I became ill....very ill.  I contracted klebsiella bacterium and resulted in severe pneumonia.  Also at the same time I gained 50lbs but still ate a healthy diet.  I developed an enlarged liver.  Once all this was treated I started back on humira.  Within six months I contracted systemic candida fungal infection which 4 years later is still treatment resistent.  I obviously stopped the humira at that time but I continue to suffer from this infection.  I now struggle with this as well as the arthritis.  I am now disabled bc of this infection and can't work, can't eat without getting sick, I burn from head to toe everyday bc the candida causes constant allergic reactions to foods, and I developed chemical sensitivites and get ill from any colognes, perfumes, car exhausts and any scents. I have to take benedyrl every 4 hours to prevent swelling and anaphylaxis.  I cant sue abbott labs (the manufacturer of humira) because they are too powerful of a company and no lawyer will take my case bc abbotts has 100's of lawyers at their disposal. I have a clear cut case but i cant touch them.  It kills me when I see drs such as S. Kaul give advice when they do not know the dangers associated with biologic medications because they are told these medications are safe by the manufacturers.  Shame on them.
Hello and Welcome to our community.

I am so very sorry to hear about what has happened to you due to your Humira usage. My heart goes out to you!  

I'm sending you a private Message. Please watch for it and let me know if you receive it.

I have hear similar - and a few worse horror stories about this drug. I've also heard about some awesome results. Who will develop these side-effects and who won't it s crap shoot. As said by the physician that initially responded to the question - one must weight the pros and cons and along with your physician make an educated decision if it's worth the possible risks.

Again I am so very sorry that you fell into that % of ppl that do develop side serious effects. I hope you'll find some answers.

Best Wishes,
~Tuck