Humira or ETANERCEPT anybody switched?
Hi Everyone

I am new to this community and I have AS. I have been on Humira for 2 years and it has worked wonders for me. The only thing is I have suffered awful migraines since I've been on it. I get them about a week after my injection and they can last up to 3-4 days. I talked through the options with my consultant and he said I could try Etanercept to see if this gives the same reaction but under UK NHS guidelines you then can't switch back to Humira if the new drug doesn't work. So I am left with a delima. Should I risk changing and risk it not working or the migraines still being there or stick with what I've got and suffer the migraines.

Has anyone had this experience and can offer any light? Anyone tried both?

Paula
I took enbrel first then switched to humors but neither did great for me.  Humira was a little better.  I don't know if enbrel is the same as what ur talking about.  Personally if the humira wkrks i wouldnt switch. Maybe u could get some migraine meds to take with ur humira or try some natural migraine remedies.  Grape juice is one and this isn't very natural but my mother swears by this, when she feels a migraine coming on she drinks a red bull energy drink and takes an Excedrin.  Good luck to u.