Arthritis Expert Forum
I have lower back pain ,leg weakness and my feet drag when i attempt to...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

I have lower back pain ,leg weakness and my feet drag when i attempt to jog.

I have had sciatica for a long time now. My lower back starts to ache, both my legs are weak, I'm unable to jog anymore because my left foot drags after a few laps.  I have no idea what's happening to me. Can you give me a possible diagnosis?
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
It is impossible to diagnose over the internet.  

I would investigate for a herniated disk, pinched nerve, or other neurological disease.  

An MRI of the lower back to evaluate the cause of the sciatica can be considered.  

EMGs and other electrodiagnostic tests can be considered as well.

I would discuss this issue with a neurologist or your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
1 Comment
Blank
Check your pelvis. Is it aligned? Are your legs equal length? Any scoliosis?

They are all common symptoms of SIJD - very common disorder but continuously misdiagnosed...

Start from there:
www.SiDysfunction.com
Blank
to bigfoot1

I thought I was alone in universe with this problem.
I hope this helps.

I am also a runner and my left foot has been dragging.
I fell on my left side around 3 years ago.
I developed sciatica.
Then 6 months later my left leg decided it did not want to move any longer.  Walking is ok, but when running knee does not bend enough. I saw a neurologist.  MRI showed a disc bulge at L3/L4.
Months of PT, accupuncture and lots of other stuff but kind of back where I started.

My weakness is just in my left leg.  I am now convinced I have a pinched nerve.  Fortunately I have no pain just tighness.
I have started seeing a chiropracter to see if it can help.

What else have you done.

Good luck

Blank
About 2 years ago I felt this terrible pain at back my lower back and about  week I couldn
Blank
After suffering with low back pain and being unable to find any relief my wife was referred by a friend to a physical therapist in Gainesville, Georgia - They were able to diagnose her problem as a sacroiliac joint dysfunction.  This condition does not show up on an xray, MRI or ct scan.  After six weeks of therapy her condition improved greatly.  She is still working with a related annular tear in a disk. The therapist she saw, Vicki Sims, has written a book "The Secret Cause of Low Back Pain" which pretty much tells all there is to know about this condition, including what can be done about it. She tells me that people come from all over the country to see her for evaluation because most doctors and chiropracters cannot diagnose this condition.
Blank
A related discussion, What am I ill of? was started.
Blank
A related discussion, back pain radiating through right leg was started.
Blank
A related discussion, dragging pain in left leg was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank