Arthritis Community
I'm New

I'm New

Hello, my name is Bren.  I have an autoimmune problem.  I once tested positive for Lupus and that is when I was referred to an Rheumy.  He treats my fibro, arthritis and bursitis.  I talked to him about my roasia and how it affects my eyes.  He said that roasia does not affect the eyes, but he is wrong.  My arthritis is presenting more like rheumatoid that osteo-arthritis.  My joints are becoming deformed and inflamed.  My skin is also reacting very strange and I can't get a doctor to diagnose the problem with the skin on my arms.  I have many other problems health wise.  My question is, when I have 8 specialty doctors and none of them want to take the responsibility for diagnosing my skin (one of my specialists is a Dermatologist)..what do I do?  I have done some research online and I know there was a diagnosis for the way my skin gets blisters (almost like a sunburn) if the blister gets popped it bleeds terribly and then the sore that results takes almost a year to heal.  One of my arms looks as though I am a burn victim because of the way it has healed.
I would ask to be referred to another rheumatologist (and one who does a lot of work with Lupus) to get properly diagnosed and treated.  It can take a while for tests to show positive all the time (I'm a negative one time positive another one) and luckily my doctor treats me with plaquenil which is keeping my symptoms under control.