Arthritis Community
Joint pain at 27 years old.

Joint pain at 27 years old.

I started having problems with joint pain. It began in the tops of my hands and feet as dull achy pain.Now a constant dull achy pain with periods of stabbing sharp pain has moved to almost all my joint including tops of hands, tops of feet,toes, fingers elbows, knees hips and shoulders. The pain is always in both joints that it affects 99% of the time and that pain will go randomly from one joint to another sometimes  more than one set of joints at a time. Then sometimes the symptoms will disappear for a week. On top if that i have bladder problem that they have not been able to figure out,I don't know if it it related but i urinate almost every hour, if not four or five times in a hour. It affects all my daily activities, work and even sleep. AT points it brings me to tears. I have tried home remedies including naproxen sodium, aspirin, acetaminophen, menthol and camphor creams, apply hot & cold packs.I saw my usual doctor and was tested for RA, arthritis and lupus through blood tests. My blood tests came out all negative and she is stumped. She does not know what to do for the pain until I see the rheumatologist, however i will not get to them for 1 month +. I need help to shed some light on the problem and some solutions until i get to see the specialist.
Ask your dr about Palindromic Rheumatism. It sounds awfully like this and bloodwork usually comes back negative, as do xrays. The hallmark is  the migrating pain to different points, negative bloodwork and xrays and episodes of pain with relatively pain free periods in between.
I forgot to mention, I was only 24 when it first started. I'm 49 now and have only just been diagnosed. If someone had told me about this years ago, I could have saved myself a lot of frustration and pain.
wow this is what im going through as well. I started having pain along time ago and recently found out I have had degenerative changes visible in my neck since I was at  19 It could have started younger. All my tests come back negative so my doctor thinks im crazy cuz she thinks my mild arthritis isnt a problem and Im fighting to get to a more educated doctor.  I too am 27 years old now and live in constant pain. I cant take NSAIDS due to chronic gastritis and my doctor wont prescribe anything for the pain, so I get to damage my liver with excessive amounts of tylenol which only takes the edge off.    I too wish some1 could figure out what is going on soon.
I also have the same bladder issues as you described. I say I have the bladder of a pregnant lady. It is worse when I have a lot of fluid in me, then drink coffee ( every morning), I can literally go every 15minutes. Sometimes I force myself to wait as long as I can or it would be sooner than 15 mins.  People hate road trips with me.  I have a Tarlov Cyst, or perennial nerve root cyst of my S2 nerve root. I think that is why I have these bladder issues, but that hasnt been determined my a doctor.   I also have very painful periods and painful ovulation, not sure if it is all related somehow.   Good luck with the Rheumatologist.