A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Joint pain when working out.

Hi.

I am a 20 year old male and have pain in my elbows, shoulders and knees. This pain only occurs when I workout or put pressure on these parts. It prevents me from doing such exercises as tricep extensions, squats, etc. Also when I am trying to do certain exercises, I can always feel clicking or something moving. I know some people take glucosamine for joint pain, but I was wondering if there were any other remedies.

Thank you.
Related Discussions
387767_tn?1345875627
I have the same problem, only I am 51.  However, I have exercised my entire life, but the past year everything hurts when I work out (esp. weights and I don't lift heavy weights).  My knees are terrible, I can't walk anymore without pain.  Both elbows hurt, my wrists also, my upper back and shoulder ache all the time.

I am going to a rheumatologist because I am tired of the orthopedic guys giving me the runaround.  I do have arthritis in my knees, but the elbow and wrist x-rays were OK.  No diagnosis yet, but it's definitely some type of arthritis.  All of my joints click and clack, my neck is terrible with that.

You are very young to have this.  My son is 21 and he has a continual problem with his neck and shoulder and he also lifts and exercises a lot.  I told him he should stop lifting heavy.  You can't do that when you have pain.  Maybe take a break from weights or anything that hurts.

Try taking Advil, use the Glucosamine/Chondrointon, and also try taking Fish Oil or Flaxseed Oil.  You can buy it at a health food store.  Also take a multivitamin or use something like the Muscle Milk or protein drinks with vitamins.  For your knees, definitely put ice packs on them.  That helps me a lot. You can also try the muscle rub creams.  I like Aspercream.  It's soothing, if nothing else.  They sell the pain patches also in the drug store if you don't like cream.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...