Arthritis Community
Just started Humira

Just started Humira

Hi all

I started taking Humira last week. Atm I am feeling much worse. Before the Humira I was on Arava from feb and before that mtx. Now I am taking 20mg Methotrexate and the Humira shots. Due to take one next week again. How long does it take to start to work? My doctor was very positive in thinking that I would feel better after a week and I could stop taking some of my other meds but that is not the case.

Sorry to read you are feeling worse!  I am not on Humira, but it is my understanding that the biologics take time to build up in your system just like MTX, but maybe I am wrong.  If you are feeling worse, you might want to check the side effects of the drug and see if they are related to how you feel.  If so, call your doc and see if there is something else you can try.  Maybe a round of steroids to get you feeling better?