Knee arthritis and ankle/feet swelling
I am 58 years old - male, 5'8'' in height and 90 Kg in weight. For last 5 years I am with high blood pressre and controlled with amoldiphine 10mg tablets. Last 1 year I use simvastin 40 mg tablets to control cholestorol. both above tablets indicate that has side effect of ankle swelling.

Since last two months I have knee pain which my GP told it is knee arthritis but no medication has prescribed. He decreased simvastin to 20 mg a day when I told him about side effect indicated. Now day by day the knee pain increases, ankle/foot swelling remain the same as I use to sit and work for 8 hours and travelling sitiing in a bus for work 3-4 hours a day. When I climb up/down stairs the pain is more.

Hope some one has similar condition and experience or a doctor who read my post could advice me what would be the treatment and how to get it as generally GPs(not all) always give some kind of medicine and ask to continue until the last moment - bed ridden.

Thank you for concern

Kamal
hello.  Did your doctor take x-rays of your knee?  Did he run other tests and, if so, what were the results?  Did he give you anything to take for your knee problem or to help with the pain?  When did you see him last?  It sounds like it is time to go back to him or to another doctor.  
My dad has the same thing! He works standing up for 10 hours. He has also went to the doctor but they never found anything. They pain he has is very painful as to the point where he could not walk at times. I hope you get better!
HI,how are you? your knee still in pain?