Leg and Thigh Pain
I have had Arthritis for years.  My  neck, and my discs in my back.  Past few years in my knees.  My problem now is
that  my left knee is the worst, but I live with it.  Now I am having pain in my left thigh to the point that I cannot even
lift my  leg to get in and out of the car.  Feels heavy and painful.  If I am laying down or sitting in the recliner I have
no pain at all.  Its only on movement.  Has anyone experienced anything like this.
I would feel better if somebody could relate to this problem.  I have so many other health problems, and just cannot
handle this one right now.
I no what it is like for me when I feel like I can't take one more thing and yet, here it comes.  It can be overwhelming.  Sometimes it feels like your life revolves around new symptoms and doctor visits.  Yet, we can't let it go.  We have to dig down deep and face the situation, pick up the phone and make yet another doctor appointment.
You mentioned other health problems, do you think this could be related?  Without knowing what else is going on, what meds you are taking and more about the pain (is it shooting, burning, does it run down the back of your thigh or the front or is it the whole thigh?) it is hard to say.
It sorta sounds like you may have a pinched nerve, but only a doctor can tell for certain.  I hope you will make the call to see a doctor and write us back to let us know what you learn.  We are here to help and support you.  You can write to complain or ask a question, we'll be here.
The Problem is the inside of the left thigh, and sometimes radiates into back of the leg. It only hurts when I have to move my  leg into another position.  There is no burning.
I have Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, but I have been in total remission for 10 years.  I get tested constantly for that.  I have had the Arthritis for many years, and sciatica in the right leg that comes and goes.
My other issues are back problems, hypertension, diverticulosis.  The back problem has given me a lot of trouble for years.  I just have to move wrong, and I am in a rib belt for weeks till I am back in alignment.

With your history of back problems, this could be a new symptom related to something happening there.  I do hope you will call the doctor and get this investigated.  I ache right now just thinking about what you are going through.  I hope you get relief soon.