Leg gives out when walking
My right leg literally gives out while walking.  I can feel pain in upper thigh when it happens and then goes away.  I have just been told I have arthritis in my hips and lower spine but never heard of a sympton where your leg actually gives out on you.  Could this be something more serious than arthritis?
I can relate to having your leg go out on you, but mine does not hurt when it happens, until I land anyway :)  I experienced this a lot when I was fist diagnosed with arthritis and it stopped happening as my treatment took effect.  I did bring this to my doctors attention and I think you should, too.  I went through some tests for that and a few other symptoms I had so I am not certain which test was related to which symptom, but I hope you will find out and post here to let us know what you learn.  Will be here to support and help you as much as I can.