Arthritis Community
MRI READING, HELP?

MRI READING, HELP?

Hi, I am 20, and went to get an MRI b/c my hand/s have been having mild arthiritis like symptoms [chronic ache, more pain with work/use, carpal-tunnel like symptoms rarely{tingling}, throbbing after extended use, stiffness that gets better after they 'wake-up', feeling of *mild* strength loss?), closer to osteo than anything...and, I'm too young for that?...though, my history includes VERY MUCH repetitive hand use (I also had a bad case of cellulitis and tenosynovitis in my R hand, months before, from an infection..it just got real real swollen and couldn't move for afew days[quite painful], took over a week to subside - not to the point where they needed to suck it out, but almost- felt like my hand was about to explode :o..not fun..any significance? I heard that it's possible to get arthritis from infection??)...here is the MRI reading - if you could please help me understand it, and if it is heal able, and how serious..,....if I should post this else where, please guide me for I am new here...-Thank you greatly. -if there is anything I should add to help, by all means let me know. May you come to find peace, and again, thank you.

RIGHT(hand):
Bones normally aligned w/o fracture, dislocation or marrow edema (that's good). No significant joint effusion. There are scattered mild degenerative changes of the IP joints and first MCP joint. -Plain radiographs could further evaluate if clinically indicated.

Flexor and extensor tendons are normal w/o tear of tenosynovitis (that's good). Intrinsic musculature is normal (good).
1. no acute traumatic injury.
2. scattered mild degenerative changes.

LEFT (hand):
Bones aligned w/o fracture, dislocation or marrow edema (good again). Proximal to the 5th digit PIP joint, between the flexor tendon and the distal metadiaphysis of the proximal phalax, there is a .3x.5x.9cm well-circumscribed fluid sgnal collection which may rep. a cyst or mildly distended bursa. There are scattered mild degenerative changes of the IP joints and first MCP joint. -Plain radiographs could further evaluate if clinically indicated.

1.no acute traumatic injury.
2. benign-appearing cystic collection proximal the 5th PIP joint may rep. a mildly distended bursa.
3. Mild degenerative changes.

It is mainly the 'degenerative changes' I am worried about, albeit 'mild'. I have looked up all the definitions of the unknown words, but still cannot fully understand about this 'mild articular? degeneration'...I am a little worried about what appears to be a bursa-cyst or bursitis, but I don't know...
Please if you could help.
As we age, degenerative changes occur in our joints.  Some worse than others but it comes with aging.  The only thing that really caught my attention was the bursitis/cyst.  If it is bursitis, they will likely give you a cortisone injection and, for most of us, this provides fabulous relief.  
When is your follow up doctor appt to review the results?  If you do not have one scheduled, call and ask for one.  Please let us know what you find out and how you are doing.
Thanks for the reply, I'll update as soon as I have anything to share, I just can't afford another appointment now. I hope the future holds the best and I hope you are well.
I fight this off all the time. I keep it at bay however. I am allergic to polyester, plastic, and other synthetics. Thus when I handle these things, "even the coating on cereal boxes and other boxes" I get pain in my joints and it feels like arthritis coming on. Causing me the symptoms you have. Medical science is not onto this yet. But it only happens when I took these things. And I have become so sensitive to them now that I get pains immediately after touching polyester for that being my worse allergen.
And sometimes I get a bump like a hive on my fingers. It itches sometimes also.
If you are tired of this, try avoiding touching Plastics, polyester, vinyl, formica, carpets, as much as possible to see if this is happening just like me.
Your PC keyboard can be an issue too. Plastic. I know it sounds crazy. But it works for me!
I know what you may be thinking. How can he type all this if this is the case. Simple. I sprayed all my plastics I have to touch in my home with 7-9 coats of clear fast dry lacquer. This is enough barrier. And it doesn't even show. Just looks like nice shiny plastic. It has to be done with quick dry lacquer in thin coats. The faster it dries the less time for alloys in the plastic to bleed into the clear coat.
It is a simple thing to try. Simple avoid these things for one weekend and that is enough time to tell. If it get a little better then you will know.
Do this and be well.
Well, thanks, I was aware plastic isnot a good thing, though unknowing it was/is an allergen. It's not all that crazy, comparing an allergy to a  synthetic man made chemical and then an allergy to natural food, I'd believe plastic before I believed peanuts.  I'll give it a try, though I seriously doubt that is my case, everyone is so different, yet the same.
Oh, also, I have a 'new' popping/crackling sound when I rotate my wrist around it's full extent, or stretch out my hand, it definitely doesn't sound right, and has only been going on for the last 6+months, that can keep popping if I repeat the stretch/motion, many times. Sometimes, like now, when I type or play music (I am a musician) and have my hands in somewhat the same shape/hold/position/movement, they feel like they want to 'lock up' or stiffen - then I'll stop and stretch em out, and pop ppop crack pop crackle pop snap pop...hmmm, any info regarding?
And by the way, for anyone suffering aching anything, or inflamation (inflammation)....ICE is your absolute best friend...get a cooler, fill 2/3 w/ water, freeze a gallon of water, put in cooler, dip hands in coooolllllddd water and feel the instant relief. But of course, the aches are bound to come back as soon as you start doing anything again....