Arthritis Community
Maybe Arthritis? RA?

Maybe Arthritis? RA?

To start from the very beginning, when I was around 15, I noticed something that I could "pop" or "click" underneath one of the ribs. It isn't painful, just a feeling of something being there that isn't supposed to be. I seen the Dr. for it, but at the time, had other issues going on so it was kind of blown off. As the years progress, this *thing* is still there, and my left-sided rib cage is protruding further and further. This is next to the sternum, a different spot than the clicking and you can visibly see the difference. I also have bouts of pain that come and go out of nowhere. I could simply be sitting at the computer when it comes on, and usually lasts most of the day, to days at a time. The pain starts from my left rib cage and radiates around to my back, in the same spot. Nothing helps, you just have to sit and wait. It feels sharp and "full" almost like gas pains, but it isn't. My chest starts feeling like there's pressure and then I concentrate heavily on how I'm breathing. When I am not having this pain, the same area of my back feels numb. I've seen several surgeons and gotten X-rays, which only revealed that I have a 9 degree curvature of the spine, which seems to only have recently appeared, but is not the cause of my problems. I've been told that it is *probably* costochondritis or Tietze syndrome, but I do not agree. My research and speaking to those with it, don't add up with my particular symptoms even though they seem to. My actual bones/cartilage do not hurt or become swollen. It seems to be some sort of nerve pain. Along with those symptoms, I also have very painful knees, especially the left. I constantly have to *pop* it back into place and it constantly feels swollen, even though it isn't. My legs from the knee to my toes, are always cold, numb, and tingly. It only takes less than a minute of sitting for this to happen. This happens to my arms and hands, as well. I have to shake them all the time to get the tingle to go away, and sometimes if I move them too fast, I'll get a shooting, tingle sensation down to my fingers. Many nights I wake up because my arm is so numb, I'm afraid it's dead. I get the same shooting pain in my neck when turning my head sometimes too. It hurts so bad I'm afraid I snapped my neck. My back generally does not hurt, until I am relaxed. Sometimes when I lay down, I feel like someone just had a field day kicking me in the lower back and standing up makes it go away. There seems to be no activities associated with this, as I do not work and go to school online. I have a few other symptoms, which I'm not sure are related but I'll list them as well:

frequent, sudden, urgent, urination.
loose, urgent, stools, with incontinence
muscle spasms/twitching
sometimes see spots or light flashes
light headedness
fatigue
hip stiffness/popping

Thank you in advance for any help.
I would strongly suggest you be examined by a rheumatologist.  It sounds like you are describing one or more auto-immune diseases.  They are the best at diagnosing and treating them.  Please keep us posted.
Thank you for responding. Does a Rheumatologist handle all "auto-immune" diseases, as you call it, or only rheumatoid arthritis? Sorry for sounding dumb, but I'm totally clueless.
They handle most auto-immune (except where a specialist for bowel, thyroid, neurological related ones are required).  I go to one for Lupus.  
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
Be sure to also get checked out for Lyme Disease. It can cause all of your symptoms and mimics many diseases, including several rheumatic and autoimmune conditions.