Aa
A
A
Close
Meloxicam/Mobic use?
Hi there.  Have been taking mobic daily to reduce rash and joint pain.  Dr. thinks I most likely psoriatic arthritis, as I do have scalp psoriasis, along with all this achiness.  Hence- the mobic.  However, I had to go off the mobic this week because I am having some tests done at the local hospital.  My question is:  when you go off of mobic, do you get very achy?  I am in agony, in joints that were never achy before, like my left hand, and my knee.  And of course I can't take anything because the test is tomorrow AM.    It is so painful I am having trouble sleeping.  Any advice or comments appreciated.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
483733 tn?1326802046
Since mobic is a NSAID and reduces inflammation and pain, it would make sense that you would feel worse without it.  I do hope that the tests you are having are to help you get properly diagnosed.  I would strongly suggest that you be seen by a rheumatologist as they are the best for diagnosing and treating this.  

This evening you might want to try taking a hot bath and using heating pads to help you get through.  Hope you get some answers and on to a proper treatment plan.  It is important to treat the disease, not just the symptoms.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources