Arthritis Community
Methotrexate, Tramadol and Celebrex

Methotrexate, Tramadol and Celebrex

I have been on methotrexate and celebrex for at least 15 years, probably long. I am currently in a tremendous amount of pain in my fingers, elbows, shoulders, left knee and left hip. Volteran gel has not helped at all  and neither has Aleve. Can I take tramadol with these two drugs? I have recently switched my insurance and am waiting to get into a new rheumatologist.

Tramadol is a pain medication that should be fine with these anti-inflammatory medications. It is wise to ask the professionals on here anyway. There are a few side effects including potential failure to urinate and possible itching that could occur with Tramadol. I use  drugs.com for more information about drug interactions. As usual the is usually only 3-4 % chance of adverse side effects with US meds.
Thanks for the info. I took one tablet last night but it didn't really help the pain. However I was very tired today and just laid around without any energy!
My pharmacist would not give me my methotrexate as I was also taking celebrex.  I had already experienced the side affects  she was talking about. I promised not to take the celebrex again.  Who would after you thought had the flu or were dying.