Arthritis Community
Minocycline for RA

Minocycline for RA

I like in the UK and l wirk in a hospital last year caught MRSA at work in October 2007 this was treated and everything seemed fine until Decemeber 2007 when i started to get very sore finger and toes and my left knee as well, I was refered to a Rheumatiologist who said I had RA this has got progressively worse as I am not being treated with anything ..... my blood work and Xrays were all normal btw.
I can't take the usual drugs for RA Methotrexate and Sulphasalazine I don't actually want to if I'm honest the side effects sacred the life out of me.
I have a Friend in Canada who has been on Minocycline for her RA for years and says she could not function without it,I asked my Doctor to prescribe this for me but he says it's not proven to be effective so wouldn't give me it !!! I have read that it IS effective not as a cure but by killing the bacteria that may be causing the RA symptoms.
I am totally convinced it was the MRSA infection that caused my RA in the first place as I was absolutely fine before that happened ....
I would really appreciate any input on this  ???  

Thank You
Daisy
oooppss!! sorry about the typing errors didn't notice them till I'd posted  :-(
You may want to check out the Road Back Foundation.org.  They advocate antibiotic protocol.  I wonder if they could help you find a doctor that uses minocycline there in the UK.  Best of luck to you.