Arthritis Community
Multiple Symptoms

Multiple Symptoms

I am a 33 YO Asian-American Female.  For about 6 months, I have had an eye ulcer (uveitis).  I have been controlled by constant application of prednisone drops but has not healed.  About a month ago, I went to urgent care because the back of the right side of my head was numb and the right side of my face was drooping.  I was diagnosed with Bells palsy.  A cat scan and MRI/MRA of my head were performed and were clean.  (I have a family history of aneurysms).  I have gone through a series of blood tests for viruses (HIV, HSV, hepatitis, etc.) and autoimmune conditions (RA, lyme disease, allergy panel, etc.).  The only think that has been unusual is my sed rate is slightly elevated (tested twice).  Since the urgent care visit, my entire right side has been in dull pain with more pain at the base of my neck on the right side and right hip and shoulder.  I think it's joint pain and definitely not bone pain.  The more recent symptoms have been body spasms at night while I'm sleeping and my right arm has tremors in certain positions.  I just had a spinal tap done this week and the initial tests for infection came back negative.  Any other tests will not be available for a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, the pain has escalated from dull to annoying and the eye ulcer has not healed. I have been working with neurologist, opthamalogist, rheumatologist and family practice docs and they are all continuing to run tests.  Does anyone have any clues?
No, I wish I could help. It sounds like you are having difficult times. At least you have a large team of doctors that are working on it so I hope you have some answers and relief soon. Take care.
my test for lyme came back inconclusive.  they ruled it out and i got worse and worse.  itb, tendonitis, tremors, twitches and spasms at night, it was awful.  a smart doc said i DID have lyme as most of the diagnosis for that is clinical, and two years of abx later, i'm playing tennis and lifting weights again.  i'm not all the way, may never be cause it got sooo far gone but thank god i had someone who was willing to hit me with abx good and hard. i now have my life back.  i went thru a really ugly herx, but within 3 weeks, i was so obviously better it made it easier to hang in.  i'd look into lyme a little more closely.  maybe just get someone to let you take a heavy abx dose for a month.  that ought to be enought to tell a difference, if it is lyme.  
Thanks.  My doctors have been testing me pretty extensively (2 blood tests and lyme blot test).   will pursue this more after reading your comment.  Thanks.