Arthritis Expert Forum
Muscle enzyme disorder

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Muscle enzyme disorder

Our son has spent the past year have every medical test done available. He was finally referred to a rheumatologist. The dr. called today and told him he has a muscle enzyme problem. His appt. is several days away. Now I'm wondering how serious this may be. Can you fill me in?

Thanks.

Sue
there are many muscle enzymes, LDH, CPK, AST, ALT to name a few.

can't say without knowing which and how elevated.
Our Grandson had a low grade fever (99.8 or so) and then an ear infection with bronchitis.  He was given amoxicillin for 10 days and told to take motrin for pain for the first couple of days.  Several days later he woke up with extreme pain in his legs and later that day could not walk due to this extreme pain.  Again he had a low grade fever.
The Dr did a blood test and called to say the white blood cell count is low which could be due to the virus or amoxicillin.  His muscle enzyme test came back elevated at 6000.  The Dr told the Lab to go ahead and also do a kidney function test and that came back ok, but to keep pumping liquids into him to keep the kidneys clear so as not to have the proteins clog up the kidneys.

With these symptons what is happening to my grandson?????

Thanks for your help.
A related discussion, muscles was started.
A related discussion, neck joint pain and constant clicking was started.