Arthritis Community
Muscles tense and joints lock

Muscles tense and joints lock

For the past 4 months maybe I have been getting random tingliness in my feet calves down to feet, arms, hands, or just fingers. It feels almost as if they are asleep but like fluid is rushing into them and if i wait and wait before switching positions it feels like wherever is being effected is going to pop! (like within 5 minutes since its starting point) and on my hands especially my fingers will lock out and my thumb will fold towards my pinky finger, i wont be able to move them at all they do it on their own. And for my arms and legs any muscles will flex to the extreme. I cant even flex my muscles myself to make them half as tight as it does. I could be sitting feet on the floor arms by my side and all this stuff will still happen. Its been becoming more and more common and im getting worried. (There has been no bruising, swelling, or visible aftereffects from this)

You need to see your doctor and have a completel blood work up and exrays of the affected areas.  There are over 100 types of arthritis and you need to be diagnosed and treated so that there isn't any long term issues.  If your doctor can't give you any answers insist on seeing a rheumatologist.