Neck and shoulder (left) ache
Hello- I've been having a nagging pain in my neck and shoulder blade( mostly on the left shoulder blade) for several months now. I have always thought it is either my mattress or pillow that's causing it and have changed several to no sucess. I went to a orthopedician last year and he made me do a bunch of hand/leg movements and also took xrays, which were all normal. He suggested I get an MRI (which I didnt get, since I wasnt very happy with the doctor).
The shoulder blade pain seems to get worse in the winters and worse as  the day progresses (feel it the most after my drive home after work). Also I often feel my neck making cracking noises- when i turn or rotate it. IThe spine in my neck is the one which hurts. t seems to help when i do not use a pillow or sleep on a hard surface (floor). What is going on? Should I be getting an MRI? Please help!
Wanted to add that Im 28 , female and have had no injuries etc.
Bless your heart, you have been in pain too long.  Since you did not like the doctor you saw, have you seen another?  If not, do.  This pain is not going away and should be investigated.  If they suggest you need an MRI (after the order and examine x-rays) then, yes, you should get an MRI.  The most important thing, though, is that you get to a doctor with whom you are comfortable and that you are willing to trust.  That makes a huge difference in everything!