Neuropathy and Vasculitis and Edema
My grandfather had mysterious edema from oct. 07.  it got worse, eventually with other complications caused red spots on the legs and landed him in the hospital.  My grandfather was diagnosed with Vasculitis march 08.  IV burinex got rid of the edema, but a month in the hospital and malnutrition led him to muscle wasting/atrophy.  Now he's recovering, apptetite is good.  muscle is slowly rebuilding, but edema is slowly increasing in legs again.  and neuropathy is still present.  it feels like a binding sensation in the ankles, and sometimes a full feeling in the feet and toes.  

Doing leg exercises, and Elevating the legs seems to make the neuropathy worse, and also urinating makes it worse too.  Can anyone explain as to why?

Is it still vasculitis related?  His CRP levels have been very low for a few months now (~0.02).  He was taking 20 mg predonine, and gradually tapered to 10 mg/day.  Does predonine mask vasculitis inflammation in blood work?

The edema is not improving, and neither is the neuropathy.  You could even say it's slowly (day by day, week by week) getting worse.

Any explanations or solutions?  thanks.