Arthritis Community
Nocturnal leg cramps

Nocturnal leg cramps

Can telmisartan cause nocturnal leg cramps?
Y/es Emergen C. I like the raspberry. Ypu might check with your doc first, since I have no idea what your general health might be. As you probably know there are drug interactions even with supplements.  
HI. Have you had your electrolytes checked lately? I too conclude problems must be a medication. Recently found magnesium helpful in curing severe leg cramps. Of course I know my low potassium could add to the leg pain. Best to consult with you doctor first.
Looked up Telmisartan side effects for you.-.
Back pain and myalgia are side effects. Adverse effects are related to the
cardivascular signs and symptoms. Are you taking any diurectics?  That
group of medications can change your electrolytes quickly. A great book
to use around home is Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Doctor James Balch. Hope you are sleeping better.
Anyone able to comment on how long it is practical to hold off on knee replacements?  Have severe arthritis of knee caps and all compounded with fall on knees. Pain varies every day. Fear the complications of knee replacements though told I will know when to have the needed surgery.
In my golden years and carrying out exercise and pain management.

Any comments appreciated.
Thank you. My electrolytes are ok. I am taking losartan with amlodine.and I suspect Losartan is one of the reason on my leg cramps since my cramps started 2 years after adding losartan to amlodipine
Regartding your leg cramps.  There are times when I telephoned the involved pharmaceutical company to  ask if the specific symptom has been reported due to the medication of interest (Oops I have been watching too much Person of Interest). Hope this is a new idea for you. There are many  causes of leg cramps. Started Vit E and Magnesium as well as "nergy C" with 7 B and other antioxidants. I Like this raspberry suppplement.(bought   as powder form, in a box of packets). Good bye leg cramps and hello energy. Seems like a few weeks of this drink was worth more than the medication for restless leg syndrome( or painful charlie horse).
Where did you buy that supplement?
Walmart Pharmacy section has forms of this supplement., Energy C. You may also see that it helps immunity to upper respiratory infections.

thank you will try
Had checked with Walmart online. Isthat what they call emergen C, with different flavors
Thank you
If your regular schedule is interfered with by pain or lack of strength to continue, it is time. Please don't ask for both operations at one time. Have one operated on, recover your strength, than the other if needed. If you are over weight or have stairs to climb, go on a diet and plan to move to a one story place. Or sleep in the dining room. Good luck.
HI. Just coming back to Medhelp and saw your note. I agree that one knee at a time is the best way to go. Getting out of a chair is becoming a challenge, Knee pain not too bad.I feel like waiting for the ops. Just hope waiting for the surgery does not make my success of surgery decrease.
Thank you for your advice!