A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Osteoathritics, Osteophytes and exercise

Hello to all,

I have done MRI last month and seems that I have osteophytes at the top of my left hip, that is caused by Osteoarthritis. The problem is that i had the pain for almost a year, however the doctor did not notice anything and sent me for physiotherapy... Now i decided to do x-rays and mri with the results above shown.

I used to be very active – from 10 years old playing soccer and basketball, now I am (or rather was) playing soccer in a team. The last 4 years I was doing a lot of cycling and playing tennis too. However the doctor told me to try and stop these and only do some swimming and light walking.

I am feeling that I cannot do much now and I want an opinion from an expert. I started going to gym , which has also a pool, thus I go one hour for weight training and one hour to the pool.

However is cycling ok for what I have? Or can I still do? Of course as i understand i have to stop soccer and tennis...

The doctor just said: “swimming is good, some light walking, and lose weight”…

Thank you in advance and i hope i was clear.

Haris Eliades
(I am from Cyprus, and is strange that the Greek words are: for Osteoathritics= Osteo-athritida, Osteophytes= Osteo-Fita, which each word actually is two words combined)
Tags: going to the gym, osteophytes, osteophyte, exercises, Exercise, swimming and going to the gym, gym and cycling