Arthritis Community
PAIN MEDICATION

PAIN MEDICATION

Hi EVERYONE!

I suffer from disc disease and severe hip degeneration, HOWEVER, I have a whole host of problems concerning urine tests since I began seeing PM Doctor in Jan.2013!  
A lot of this is going on across the country, concerning false negative urine tests at Pain Management clinics, ESPECIALLY CONCERNING THE DRUG OPANA NOT SHOWING IN URINE, predominately since 2010....WHY??

Information below in my post CONCERNS ME GREATLY, as a Pain Management patient.  I would love ANY thoughts or ideas.

I'm ALSO INTERESTED in knowing of PM Medications that are having a higher incidence of NOT showing up in your TYPICAL Pain Management urine screen... I know the NEW OPANA is one, because I'VE HAD A FEW FALSE NEGATIVE URINE TESTS!!  SOME DAYS, I feel the Opana is getting in my system, OTHER DAYS, it's like drinking water!!  VERY IMPORTANT, on those days, I feel as if I'm experiencing a light withdrawal...NEVER, HAVE I EVER, experienced this while STILL TAKING any other pain medication!!  Starting to get paranoid here!!   I've ALWAYS taken my medication!!

This is a scary time for me...I'VE NEVER HAD TO PROVE MYSELF INNOCENT BEFORE, BECAUSE I'VE NEVER  BEEN FALSLY ACCUSSED OF ANYTHING!! Please read my post below.....ANY IDEAS WELCOME!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Since going to pain management I've been testing negative for Opana ER 30mg.. I'VE ALWAYS TAKEN MY MEDS.!!!!!  I have been having to go back weekly for testing. The hurt & humiliation, WEEKLY, has been a nightmare:( !!  My heart goes out to many others who are OR have experienced this!
I came up with the idea of taking videos of myself taking the Opana, I have 3 videos made so far, & 4 more to go before my next visit. WISH I THOUGHT OF THIS SOONER...TOO BAD!!  I've also written a 14 page essay(of sorts), on all the negative tests popping up across the country & ALSO declaring my innocence....& that WE CAN'T ALL BE DRUG DEALERS!!!!!

In the case of poor drug absorption being a conceivable factor with the NEW OPANA, there's something crucial these DOCS are overlooking ...the TRUE DRUG DEALERS out there, AREN'T GOING TO HAVE A NEGATIVE DRUG SCREEN, they scrape the coating off with some tool, & they snort, inject, put it up their butt.....etc.  ANYWAY, that ups the bioavailability to 40-60%, so sure they'll probably test positive & skate!!!!!  ALL THE WHILE, unsuspecting patients are testing negative for the drugs they're taking correctly!!

The paper I'm writing to PM Doc. is ]also needed because IF I do end up discharged, I will have the info. In my chart, ALONG WITH, the evidence of the 30 sec. videos of my taking the meds.

Others experiencing the false negative urine tests, please consider making cell phone videos, WELL LIT ENVIROMENT, swallow other meds with your pain meds., as it would be less likely for the Doctor to think he's being fooled...AND YES, DO THE OPEN MOUTH, LIFT YOUR TONGUE AND SHOW YOUR TONSILS THING AFTERWARD!!  
We must declare our innocence here!!  WHAT WILL COME OUT OF IT??  Well,  IF, enough PM patients begin doing this, it could mean BETTER URINE TESTS, higher detection rate. It could ALSO mean that some of the PM meds., that are predominately NOT showing in urine, MAYBE, BY SOME MIRACLE, will be reevaluated, LIKE THE OPANA, for instance.....It's gonna take people fighting for their rights, and maybe having some balls, IN A CONSTRUCTIVE WAY, OF COURSE!!  OTHERWISE, Pain Management patients are going to continually get false accusations, concerning anything from not taking their meds. to selling their meds. IT'S A HURTFUL THING TO THINK OF!

THANKS,

Heather
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Aside from Opana or oxymorphone, what other medications are you taking right now? I understand your concern regarding this  and it is important that you discuss this with your attending physician. False negative tests which may result from drug interactions may need to be ruled out also.  Take care and best regards.