Arthritis Community
Pain in left side of the neck, shoulder, and arm

What could be the cause of pain on the left side of neck going down my left shoulder into my inner arm and sometimes in my left hip? The pain can be felt the most when I move a certain way or reach to get something. At night time it is most bothersome, as it seems to be more painful. This pain started about three weeks ago and at the same time I started jogging, I am wondering if it has anything to do with it. But when I am jogging, I don't feel any symptoms at all.

Bev47
Pain down the side of your neck to your shoulder and arm, could be a nerve problem originating in your neck. Do you have a lot of neck pain?  Exactly what type of pain is this, do you have any stabbing electric type pain? The hip, I don't know, it doesn't fit with the other things.
I fell down about 14 steel stairs coming off of guard duty in Afghanistan in full kit.  I was knocked out for a min or so and figured I just had whiplash and a concussion but after 3 days of basically no sleep and a baseball size welt on my neck I was medivaced to a hospital where I had an MRI and the neurosurgeon said I had some torn ligaments in between my C3-C4-C5. I was in a neckbrace for 7 weeks and was having bad muscle spasms so I had botox injections in my neck and shoulder.  It didn't get any better and between MRI's and seeing specialists ever since everything comes back as normal.  Its been 7 months since then and I still have stabbing pains in my neck and down my right shoulder to about my elbow.  Mild Pain relievers help but my pain doesn't seem any better now then it down after the fall.  I'm starting to go crazy because I've gotten medical treatment and still know definitive answer on what it is.  Can anybody help in what this could be because I'm starting to run out of specialists to see. Thank You