Pelvic or tail bone pain
Female, 25 years old... After injuring my back at work a few months ago, I went for X-rays and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the pelvic area. Not having pain, my doctor wanted to leave it aside as it was not an immediate problem. Now, for a week I've been feeling pain when sitting, getting up or lifting... It feels like the tail bone area, although I don't remember falling or anything that would explain the pain. My question is, could it be the osteoarthritis? Would a tail bone pain be misinterpreted for a pelvic pain?
Hi.  I, too, had tailbone pain when I lost my balance and fell right onto my tailbone.  This was in 1999.  I went to a physical therapist, and believe it or not, it worked!  I'm 57 now and it still occasionally hurts if I sit too long, especially on the left side where I landed.  I'm not a doctor, but I began having arthritis symptoms about 10 years ago, so it's very difficult for me to believe you could have osteoarthritis at your young age.  I would follow up and get something done about it now while you're young and your bones are good and healthy; physical therapy, accupuncture, kinesiology.  I tried them all and eventually got relief from the pain.
You may have developed arthritis in the sacro-iliac joint (SI joint) at the base of your spine. I'm not sure what can be done about it other than physical therapy, maybe a chiropractor. Steroid shots might help temporarily. Definitely ask your doctor about it.