Aa
A
A
Close
Pelvic or tail bone pain
Female, 25 years old... After injuring my back at work a few months ago, I went for X-rays and was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the pelvic area. Not having pain, my doctor wanted to leave it aside as it was not an immediate problem. Now, for a week I've been feeling pain when sitting, getting up or lifting... It feels like the tail bone area, although I don't remember falling or anything that would explain the pain. My question is, could it be the osteoarthritis? Would a tail bone pain be misinterpreted for a pelvic pain?
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi.  I, too, had tailbone pain when I lost my balance and fell right onto my tailbone.  This was in 1999.  I went to a physical therapist, and believe it or not, it worked!  I'm 57 now and it still occasionally hurts if I sit too long, especially on the left side where I landed.  I'm not a doctor, but I began having arthritis symptoms about 10 years ago, so it's very difficult for me to believe you could have osteoarthritis at your young age.  I would follow up and get something done about it now while you're young and your bones are good and healthy; physical therapy, accupuncture, kinesiology.  I tried them all and eventually got relief from the pain.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
1193998 tn?1265121197
You may have developed arthritis in the sacro-iliac joint (SI joint) at the base of your spine. I'm not sure what can be done about it other than physical therapy, maybe a chiropractor. Steroid shots might help temporarily. Definitely ask your doctor about it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Arthritis Community Resources