Arthritis Community
Psoratic Arthritis?

Psoratic Arthritis?

I was wondering if a doctor thinks it's possible that I may have psoratic arthritis.  I have had psoriasis for years, I am overweight and have had problems with my joints in my knees hurting for a few years now. They hurt so bad I cannot bend to the floor without having something to pull myself up with.  I have gone to a regular family doctor before for my knees and he took x-rays, said I showed no signs of arthritis but told me I was overweight and bowlegged so he sent me to physical therapy.  It didn't help much and my knees only seem to be getting more painful.  Does this sound like psoratic arthritis if so what type of doctor should I go to for this?
This is a patient forum so you probably won't find a doctor among us.  The ask a doctor forums are located on the right hand side of the forums page.
From one patient to another, did your doctor just take xrays or did he/she also take blood and send it to the lab?  Some psoriasis patients do get psoriatic arthritis.  How long ago was your last doc visit and when were the xrays taken?  Sometimes the pain comes before there is x-ray evidence of damage in the joints.  If your doctor is not working with you, you might consider seeing another GP or a rheumatologist.
Hey Crazycass

I have psoriatic arthritis that started out as just psoriasis. I was also overweight almost all my life, probably 50 lbs over give or take.  You need to have blood work drawn and see a rheumatologist to find out. If you want to talk about it please PM me and I'll see what I can do to help. Stay positive, Life does go on

Babs
check your vitamin d levels.