Psoriasis Arthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis
I was diagnosed with Psoriasis 4 years ago and I may say that it usually comes up during my stressed times.  I got confined 2 years ago since blood result shows infection due to autoimmune, they used Cefuroxime and it worked well. It temporarily removed my psoriasis and I felt really better.
2 weeks ago, I noticed that I'm having a hard time lifting stuff with my right arm.  Until, I feel solid pain and pinching on my right shoulder, emanating towards my collarbone.  I can feel my bicep contracting, pain and so much pain! I tried different painkillers, chili plasters, Bengay and oils.  I went to ER and checked me for blood results, uric acid and X-ray.
They also gave me pain killers and cold compress (which had no effect).  They told me to see a Rheumatologist.  I had infection which cause my psoriasis to pop out again.  They prescribed Celebrex (100mg x 2 a day) and  Voltaren (emulgel) but it never worked!  
I can't hardly sleep, while sleeping, my arm would contract, causing cramps.  I would be forced to sit to relieve the pain.  The pain lasted for 30 minutes, sometimes more...
I took antibacterial (flucloxacillin), 4 days ago and I can feel that the cramps would only last for 10 minutes.  Yesterday, I didn't even feel the cramps, just a bit sore on the arm.
Question:  
1) What would be the difference between the two? (Psoriasis Arthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis)  
Based on what I've experience... do I have a RA or PA?  
2) For relieving pain, would hot or cold compress be more applicable?
Any suggestions for relieving pain would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Apple D.
First, I have to say that I agree with the ER, going to a rheummy is a great next step.   That said, there are several types of psoriatic arthritis.  One form does resemble RA but like RA, it affects both sides of your body, not just one side.  A rheummy will be able to run tests and determine if you have either, both or something else completely.
For relieving pain, hot works best for arthritis.  I swear by the thermacare hot wraps, Stop Pain roll on or Biofreeze. (Don't use them together!)  An over the counter anti-inflammatory may help give you relief, too.  You might try one geared towards arthritis.
Once you have your rheummy appointment, write back and we will help you get prepared for it.
Thank you so much! I really do appreciate your help.  I'll get in touch with the Rheumatologist right away.  I'm glad I was able to be a member of this forum.  I'll keep you posted. ☺☺☺
We're glad to have you here!  I am glad you are calling the rheummy (our nickname for them) and hope they can get you get in soon.
Hi, am schedule to go to rheummy on thursday.  I checked the thermacare hot wraps, but then again it's not available here (am in manila, Philippines) I'll have to to buy a package there and have it shipped here.  Do you know of any brand that looks or functions same?  Am still having painful cramps... feels like someone is stabbing me my arm... sigh.
I totally missed that you are in the Philippines!  Hmmm, comparable products would be a heating pad (but then you are corded), Cura-Heat air activate heat patches, WellPatch heat wraps, Bruder makes a microwavable product that is a heat wrap too.  
Glad you are getting in to the rheummy so quick!  Let us know what you find out.
hi sir, have you tried to use some complimentary meds sir, like homemade fresh juices? coz i have seen some researches about the effects of enzymes found in plants. maybe you can try to make some at home. by the way im marc from manila too..
Hi every1... I'm meanne from phillipines, I found out I haved dextroscoliosis nung ng pa.xray ako? I'm scared! Hindi ko alam kung paano ako nagkaroon nito.. what should I do? Can you help me guys??