Arthritis Community
RA Arthritis pain and carpal tunnel in both wrists? only 20 yrs old

So i am 20 years old but seriously feeling like i'm 50.. few weeks ago my knee was in a lot of discomfort and almost felt like there was no support.. i was limping around because i didnt want to apply pressure. i ended up in the ER, they diagnosed it as a "knee sprain/injury" but there was no injury! it occured out of no where so they put me in a knee immobolizer and set me off with pain pills. week later i was back in the ER because my other knee was acting up..i also now have anxiety attacks because im so scared and no one knows whats wrong. they ran some blood tests and my RA factor came back + but needs more testing, nothings been confirmed yet. i get weird aches and also muscle numbness/tingling and discomfort in all joints, some days worse than others and vise versa. i have pains/aches all over my body and now i have carpal tunnel in both wrists(wearing wrist braces right now)..which i heard can be brought on because of arthritis, i have never had carpal tunnel nor do i do anything that would bring it on this badly/quickly. yesterday i had bumps in the veins in my wrists, is this due to carpal? my knees/hips and shoulders also feel as though they are grinding or it is bone on bone. i am in so much pain and now my knees are acting up again and go to my drs on Wed for further testing but need answers. i take arthritis pain reliever by aleve but it doesnt do much for all the pain. im 20 years old and cant use my own body, this scares me and brings on anxiety attacks, i need my body and if this is causing nerve/joint damage how will i feel when i am 50? they also have me on xanax because the anxiety gets so bad. Any advice, does this sound like RA to you or what? Thank you!
Hi there!

The vein bumps are unlikely to be due to carpal. Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include inflammations, degeneration, connective tissue disorders, autoimmune conditions, hormonal/ endocrine issues, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist or a rheumatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Hi  lolli929.
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry about all this suffering.
Look into Lyme disease. It is a multi-faceted infectious disease that mimics
many diseases and very difficult to dx.
Regular doctors, infectious disease specialists and reumatologists do not
dx Lyme disease. You must find a Lyme literate medical doctor.
. You symptomology does not NOT many other profiles.
Hope it helps. key words: LLADS, LLMD, IMMED Just do a search.
I meant :  "Your symptomology does NOT match many other profiles"
Cheers!
Niko