Arthritis Community
RA/Lupus caused swelling around heart/lungs and ribs

Mimics a heart attack and gets worse in humidity. Living in SE Florida doesn't help because of the humidity. Tight chest and always concerned when I have chest pain, because I shrug it off as RA flare symptom.

4 days ago, I had a sharp pain above my left temple. It was not a headache or migraine. I had not felt anything like it. It dropped me to only being able to lay on my right side and be still. It started as a sharp deep pain and then dulled but hurt deeply... the skin around my temple became very sensitive to touch... It lasted for about 6 hours. I had taken Aleve and it did not help.. Aleve always helps any headache or start of a migraine for me.

I have been diagnosed progressively with RA in 1994, Lupus in 2006, Sjogren's in 2010 and Vitiligo in 2011. Today, I felt something odd in my left eye... I can't describe what it felt like in words... Then, my vision in my left eye was like looking through a vertical v-shaped prism... it is making me feel off-balance and like things are totally distorted. Been going on for about 30 mins. now and feels like things are distortedly glowing :X

Thinking of going to ER later, after my 13 year old son takes college exam at 2pm - but concerned with driving.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to go to the Er and have your symptoms checked? Chest pain or discomfort may be attributed to cardiac, musculoskeletal, pulmonary and even gastrointestinal issues. To determine the underlying cause, further evaluation and additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and hope all is well. DO keep us posted and best regards.