RA and severe foot pain
I have RA, diagnosed last Sept.  I've been doing okay with mostly just annoying joint pain.  However, today I woke up and I can barely walk on my left foot.  It hurts from the heal to the ball of the foot and it's just gotten worse throughout the day.  Walking makes it worse but it still hurts when I ice it.  I thought it was Planter Facsitis )sp?) but my friends said it came on too fast and it was probably a RA flare.  

So what the heck can I do for it?  I can't talk anti inflammatories - they give me ulcers. I can't just "not walk" that's not an option.  Would they do a cortisone injection for something like that.  I'm desperate.  
Have you tried taking a proton pump inhibitor med?  I take one which heals my stomach and allows me to take anti-inflammatories regularly.  Are you on plaquenil or any other meds?  Do call your rheumatologist and see what they can do.  They can advise if perhaps a steroid might be needed to calm this down.  Good luck.
That does sound a lot like plantar and I can tell you from experience it can come on very suddenly.  As Trudie wrote, you should definitely talk to your doctor but I would not rule out plantar just because of the quick onset.