RA from Strep throat
I recently had strep throat but since my throat was not sore it was not treated and then went to strep reactive artritis.  This all started with pain in my ankles and knees.  Within a week I had pain in all joints.  It was not always in one joint, moved around a bit.  By Sat I was unable to hold a pop can without trouble and opening doors was very painful so I went to the ER and from the blood tests they did they found my strep level was at 200.  I followed up with my Dr on Monday and I was put on Penicilin for 20 days and 800 Ibuprofen twice daliy.  I am now on 800 Ibuprofen and 50mg of Minocycline twice daily for a undetermined amount of time.  

I had severe pain for the first 3 weeks and the last two have been getting better.  So far this week the only problem to remain is in the joints of my fingers and hands.  

For the last week I have been waking up with both my hands asleep.  When I first had the problem it was mainly my right hand.  I thought it was maybe from my joints swelling and such.  Is it possible that the meds I am on are the cause of this problem?  Could it be a sign of heart trouble? or poor circulation?  
I hRecently my strep blood test came in 221ave all these joint, muscle pain, fatigue. Many dr. diag.I have pos. ANA test.  Why did UVA Dr. put me on Tramadol and sent me home. Told me strep test meant nothing, wouldnt give a second thought. Tramadol doing nothing for me. Cant remember having strep for many many years. Can anyone tell me what to do? I have so far been  told I have Sjogrens,Fibro-myalgia,depression, (I take wellbutrin 2 a day) Lupus etc.. HELP!!!!! Maggie
Sarah,  All of your symptoms, including the ones that have you concerned about circulation, can accompany ReA.  It can affect your vision, your tendons, cause bone spurs and can cause inflammation throughout your body.  I am sorry you are suffering this way.  If the meds you are taking do not provide relief, talk to your doctor about trying something stronger.  It can be very hard to function while you are waiting for something to work.

Mags, Getting sick when you already have something can throw you into flare.  I think you need to find a rheummy who will treat you with more than tramadol to get your condition(s) under control again.