Arthritis Community
Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Rheumatoid Arthritis?

I would like to start by saying that I plan to get an appointment with my family doctor to discuss this matter but I would like to get some feedback from other people who have experienced the same symptoms and problem.

My symptoms started last summer when I was mowing (I do mowing and landscaping for a living) and my fingers started getting really swollen and stiff with mild pain and my fingers locked up and I couldn't move them.  I just tallied it up to mowing too long and didn't think too much about it.  After that, the swelling, stiffness, and mild pain came and went occasionally and I still didn't think too much about it.  However, recently (about the last month) I noticed the symptoms getting worst.  My hands get really swollen and are hard to move.  Just so you know, I do have a strong family history of both RA and carpal tunnel syndrome.  I do notice the symptoms do get worst when I am doing stuff with my hands but it also seems the symptoms sometimes occur when I wake up in the morning and randomly (even when I am not doing things with my hands).  

Has anyone else experienced symptoms like this; and if so, what did you determine?  It seems like to me I am probably experiencing carpal tunnel syndrome but I am concerned about being diagnosed with RA.  Let me know what you think.  

Thank you in advance.
I also forgot to mention another symptom that may or may not be related.  Sometimes, mostly out of the blue, I feel really fatigued, tired, wore out, and just generally low.  I don't know if this would have anything to do with RA or carpal tunnel syndrome but I thought I would mention it.