Arthritis Expert Forum
Severe Hand Cramping

This forum is for questions and support regarding arthritis issues such as: Arthritis, Autoimmune Disease, Bursitis, Fibromyalgia, Gout, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Myositis, Neuralgia, Osteoarthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sciatica, Tendinitis, Vasculitis.

Severe Hand Cramping

I have been battling Rheumatoid Arthritis for 20 years now.  I am on several medications, including pain, Remicade, Prednisone, Anti-inflamitories, Tylenol, Anti-depressants, low dose Chemotherapy.  I also have degenerative disc disease, have had 3 back surgeries and a neck fusion.  I for the most part can deal with a lot of the chronic pain, I have blood work done regularily and it is basically normal.  I have had Asthma all of my life, and now I am having lung problems, one lung is scarred and shrinking and the other has now developed clusters of nodules in it that weren't there last may.  My most annoying problem his hand cramping.  It has done is over the years to a degree, but in the past 6 to 8 months it has gotten more severe and happens on a daily basis, several times a day.  Sometimes it is just a general cramping that the whole hand twists and won't straighten out on its own  I have to push on it and try and stretch it, it is very painful and takes anywhere from a few minutes to a half hour or longer to get them to subside.  What would possibly be causing these cramps and what can I do to stop them?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Most of the complications seem to be the effect of the spinal problem you had earlier.
We would advice a fresh MRI and clinical correlation with an orthopaedician.

We would also advice you to go to a chest specialist and as lot of time passed when you had put this query on our forum  to the time we answered we would want to know the present condition of your problem and would suggest further advice based on that!

Take care!
Have you looked into muscular distonia???