Speckled ANA
Hi, karajo.  You sound very knowledgeable, so I have a question if you would be so kind to answer, or anyone else.  I have had a speckled ANA for about 4 years.  No symptoms, no meds and I'm in very good health.  Three decades ago, I had a very severe case of infectious mono (Epstein-Barr) and I have also since had Lyme disease, which was treated without complications.  Could just my having had E-B and Lyme cause the test to be positive?  TIA.
Hi samayne.

You may message Karaho directly by putting your cursor over her name, which opens her profile box and at the right side, hit "Send Message".

A speckled pattern with an ANA at 1:40, 1:80 and even at 1:160 is not significant enough and is considered negative or neutral by most doctors, even if it's a positive finding.
If tested again and it's 1:360 or higher, then other tests -for connective tissue disease possibly like SLE, MCTD, Sjogren's- must follow, before a  firm diagnosis can be established.
For your info, EBV can never be eradicated, usually remaining dormant in the body, however, it has been associated with at least 50 different conditions (not directly causing them).
Lymes disease is another nasty and persistent infectious condition.
Some people can do the short course antibiotics and others need long term
complex antibiotic treatment through usually LLMDs, as the rigid medical protocol only "allows" the short abx treatment, which is a huge disservice to the suffering patients. Anyway I'm getting off topic here, but it could still be hiding in your tissues, inactive.
So far, so good for you. I wouldn't worry much about anything till something
changes. Meanwhile, do what is best for your health, keep your immune system strong and enjoy life.
And you are most welcome samayne. I almost called you TIA, lol!
Cheers!
Niko