Stiff and sore fingers
I'm 19 and for the last few months I have been having pain in my fingers.  It only affects the pointer and middle finger on both hands, and occurs about 2-3 days a week.  I wake up and my fingers hurt at the middle joint, and I have a hard time closing my hands.  The fingers feel stiff and it has become nearly impossible to open jars. This tends to last all day, but improves as the day goes on.   I haven't injured my hands recently, nor do I do a lot of repetitive work.  The joints aren't swollen, they just ache when I move.
I know this isn't a replacement for going to see a doctor, but to have some idea of what this is would be nice.

thanks!
Do your fingers get numb?  Then it could be carpal tunnel, esp. if it gets worse at night.  And it could also still be arthritis, even though you say they aren't swollen.  Until you can get to a doctor, try taking some Advil.