Arthritis Community
Sudden Joint Pain

Sudden Joint Pain

Hi, about three weeks ago i developed sudden joint pain in my left knee and left elbow. the joints became swollen and hot to the touch.The joints were stiff espiecially in the morning, but through taking celebrex once a day i was able to regain a full range of motion. Initially the doctor took fluid from the knee joint because his feeling was that it may be gout. After receiving the results of this test to be negative for gout alongside with negative tests for lupus, rheumatoid and bacteria/infection through blood work i am left undiagnosed. It seems that the doctor is not overly concerned that this is serious as he has referred me to a rheumatologist that i will be unable to be seen by for two to three months.

I  was just wondering if anyone has experienced something similar to the situation which i am describing. I am currently only 2 months shy of being 18 and this has been a very stressful situation.
There are a few types of arthritis that have sudeen onset.  Have you recently had step or the flu?  Does your joint pain move to different joints or is it only in your left knee and left elbow?  Do you have any other symptoms that seem unrelated like dry eyes or digestive problems?
i have not recently had any other illness such as the flu or strep, it has at this point remained isolated strictly to the knee and elbow both on the left side
This does sound unusual.  Do you happen to have your lab test results?  Awful as it seems, even if you are in terrible shape, you often have to wait 2-3 months to see a rheumy.  In the mean time, how are they treating your symptoms?
This is my first time on a forum... um i woke up a few day ago and also had very bad knee pain and wrist pain on the right side. i could hardly stand.but there was no swelling .  I am already on a steroid for another medical issue. right now i am being tested for a muscular disease and do not have the results yet. i also have a pinching, tearing, sorta pain in my left lower abdomen alot and the doctors still dont know what that is etheir.so that why i was wondering why someone above asked about digestive problems and if that might hold an answer for me? if any one has answers or can help please let me know thank you