Swelling in pinky finger
Hi, I have swelling in my pinky finger for about 2 - 3 months. If i bump my pinky it is very sore by the middle joint even if I touch it.I went to an orthopedic hand specialist and he asked if I jammed my finger. I explained to him that I didn't jam my finger. He took x-rays and said it wasn't dislocated.He then came back into the room and said I probably jammed my pinky and just don't remember. I know I would remember jamming my finger as I have done that in the past. He then proceeded to tell me to go to physical therapy for 4 - 6 weeks 2x a week.. I went 2 times and decided not to go anymore. It cost too much money and I didn't jam my finger to begin with I don't feel therapy was going to help. I am very dissapointed with this hand specialist. I think it is arthritis   Any suggestions?            Thank you
I believe you did not jam it.  If the first doctor did not listen, I suggest seeing another.  Start over fresh and see what you learn.
time for a new doctor and you should ask him to pay for what you put into for pt!  its sounds like early stages of athritis.
I'm in my 20's and I'm having the same issues. I haven't injured my finger in any way but it's been swelling and hurting more and more each day. It is also my pinky finger, and has lasted for around 3 months now. I have not been to doc yet but my grandmother a retired nurse said you probably just jammed it. Nope did not.... May have to go if it continues to get worse.