Arthritis Community
Symptoms of Early Arthritis

Symptoms of Early Arthritis

Im 33 and in cold weather i feel pain in my knees especially when knees r bent for more than an hour the pain is severe.when i stretch my legs the pain shoots up and becomes unbearable for a minute or too and then disappears.When i bend knees the same thing happens.What is this?
Hi, I am not a dr. but have a lot of arthritis, but I have also had tendonitis and it might be that--the tight feeling.  I know that unbearable pain.  Do you have swelling?

Have you done too much exercise lately? Does your low back hurt also?
There is no swelling at all.The pain feels only when knees are bent.I don't do exercise.I am afraid if this is start of arthritis
The only way to diagnose osteoarthritis or autoimmune arthritis is with x-rays and blood bests.  Your thirties is not to young to develop osteoarthritis (the wear and tear type) if you are athletic, or conversely, if you DON'T exercise, if you're overweight, or if you have a congenital deformity in your knees that is only now making itself known with pain. I'd say go in for an x-ray, at the very least.