Arthritis Community
Symptons of Shoulder Arthritis?

Symptons of Shoulder Arthritis?

I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of my left shoulder. My ortho dr said the cartilege is mostly gone. I have full range of motion and some sharp pains. What are the normal symptons of shoulder arthritis? I'm 55 and in good health otherwise.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? The most common symptom of arthritis of the shoulder is pain, that is  aggravated by activity and progressively worsens.There are three major types of arthritis that generally affect the shoulder: osteoarthritis or  "wear-and-tear" arthritis; rheumatioid arthritis; or posttraumatic arthritis. Osteoarthiritis  is a degenerative condition that destroys the articular cartilage of bone. Treatment may be nonsurgical or surgical treatment. Physical therapy, moist heat, medications and cold compress may also help provide relief. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.